Thursday, May 19, 2011

Life's Tribulations

They usually come from those around us. They die, they hurt you, they challenge you, they undermine you. Worry takes the place of gratitude if we let it. It is much harder to be grateful in these times. Sandwich generation/ baby boomer/ approaching the sunset of our own human lives/ and unnecessary conflicts. Still, it is ideal to focus on oneself. But threatening that means often becoming reclusive and setting up barriers of protection, that one creates one's own world. I am on the bridge on this one. I look back at what I used to stand for and believe in, and look at now at how select things and people are unhealthy for me, and I look at the other side- what is to be with much work, focus, and belief in who I am and the worthiness I deserve. I am worthy of my own respect, my own peace, my own space in time that is filled with what I love that fills my spirit, soul, and heart. All God willing- and if not- because I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment