Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Past Always Effects the Present - But the Future.....? NO.

I know one is suppose to believe that living in the present is where one should always be. Dale Carnegie says to live in 'day tight compartments', like comparments in the hull of the Titanic. Shut down the front and rear doors to keep the water from coming into the middle- analogous to 'the now'....i.e. close the past and the future doors.
Still I find it hard to not continue learning from the past and therefore I have to go there. I have to feel it to put my future in perspective. I have no control over the future, or any knowledge of it. I wouldn't want to know. There are many things in my past I would like to remember. But what felt like traumatic times to me, kept my memory intake off, and my super-ego and id spiraling. I wish I could tap into my past family life through something like 'primal scream' therapy. But I know I cannot be hypnotized; I tried it to quit smoking (which I did in July of 2002 without even being aware of it...it just slowly happened and was gone). Maybe I need a psychic- someone who can really do palm reading and telepathic thinking- kind of like a 'Human Whisperer'. Do they have those? I guess the closest thing to it would be Freudian therapy, and while I think Freud was right-on in all his studies, I also believe cognitive behavioral therapy is more modern and less expensive in all ways. And now there are life coaches. Much merit in them and quite a variety of prices and styles. I have many wonderful past family and friend memories, but I have many blanks from age 2-16 and through going-away-to-college. Sad. I need them to heal. I need the closure.

No comments:

Post a Comment