Friday, March 25, 2011

When Push Comes To Shove

One thing that keeps me grounded right now is reading Dale Carnagie's book Stop Worrying and Start Living. It is filled with wisdom, history, quotes, and allogories. One thing interesting he speaks to: 'keeping day-tight compartments' (locking out the past and future). Another is, your brain can only think of one thing at a time, so keep busy. Sounds simple enough, but when going through tragedy, it is even more important to act and not react, do things that matter, and do things that are righteous. I now have all his books and have bought books he has alluded to. David MaNally's book, Even Eagles Need a Shove, about describes me right now, though I feel like a hummingbird whose heart is about to give out. I am off to the hospital to see my father.

No comments:

Post a Comment