Saturday, March 26, 2011

Dad is Dying

I am in a fog. The worst is coming out in us all as we try to cope and do the right thing. The only problem is, being a family of 6 (one MIA) makes decision-making harder. We all have beliefs about things such as parenteral nutrition, defibrillation, and hospital vs. home. I am for bringing him home and having hospice. Others want to try other things which are invasive while he is in the hospital. I do not want to play the game of heroine; I want to walk him to the Gates to Heaven, talk to him all the way, and then let go of his hand, wish him well, and unselfishly smile as he lets go to walk in paradise with my mom. Thank God right now for the little things. Animals (your pets) know when there is sadness or illness. They offer some peace just by their unconditional love.

No comments:

Post a Comment