Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Animals Are Special, Music is Therapy

If it were not for Shilo, my golden, demanding my love and attention, I would be less comforted. He only wants food, love, and attention (much simpler versions than humans). Shilo. Add my slumbering dog at my feet, listening to Adele and Sade, with good coffee, some sun outside, and life is good.

I am amazed by all living things, but why do vultures have to be so ugly? I love listening to birds. I would love to hear a live loon's song; it is so smooth and long. The mockingbird is amazing (like it knows a symphony), and the wrens and swallows sing sweet, fun, light songs. Funny how some of the prettiest birds have the less pleasant songs, like the bluebird's and the cardinal's, both aggressive birds.

But back to things great and small, I can even get enjoyment out of watching a furry spider just walk. I have to say there are only two living things I don't like...mosquitos and flies. Lady bugs are getting up there though, as cute as they are. I remember learning a fly regurgitates at least seven times every time it lands. That's how they clean themselves. But when I think of maggots, a fly's larval stage, I want to puke, but thank God that they devour the dead. There is a place for every living thing. It is all connected and amazing.

Music is therapy, no doubt in my mind. I am very musically open-minded. There probably are only a few genres I don't like. I was listening to (I guess you would call it) avante garde music on the way home. I heard a David Bowie/Pat Methany song...it had in it somewhere 'this is not America'. I have to get that. I have liked David Bowie a long time, and to mix him with a jazz artist, sweet. What a combo.
Since the Thailand tsunami, Sade's song 'Pearls', is my favorite of hers; it makes reference to 'a woman in Somalia', where the tsunami made a big hit. I am now listening to Adele-21. Good stuff. It is one of those CDs where all the lyrics and music are very good. She is very sensual and expressive, and has a very unusual, great, raspy, strong voice.

I watched 'The Social Network' last night (this morning?) from 130-330 am...I couldn't sleep. I didn't see what the hubub was all about. If Zuckerberg is anything like that, he is an odd fellow. His affect was very bizarre. But I guess a Harvard sophomore prodigy is allowed that. I watched 'The Queen' with Helen Mirran (sp?), the other day, just to see what it was all about and to just get my mind off things. She did a great job, but again, this movie did not float my boat.

Speaking of boats. I could use one right now. I love the water....brooks, streams, lakes, oceans, rivers, and the sound and water makes is soothing.
Boy do I need soothing. I have Morgan Run down the road from me; I plan to take Shilo there when the weather gets a little warmer so he can swim and I can enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment