Sunday, March 6, 2011

Is it a Running Away or a Spiritual Sojourn?

I missed touring Europe for the summer after high school and before college. I never even fulfilled my dream of spending summers (a couple) in Ocean City, MD waitressing by night and sunbathing and musing by day. I now have another opportunity and I am miffed as to whether I should go with it. I want to go do a travel nurse assignment in Arizona. Why? Because I do not like my job nor my hour long drive to get there or to get back from there. I risk my life on 4 very busy freeways/beltways, and interstates to get there. I have been under a lot of pressure. I am one who feels there is NO time that is the RIGHT time. The one adventure that was impetuous turned out to be a lasting memory. I took a 1,000 dollars and my two kids and went up through New England and back, seeing all historic places and some just fun ones. It was totally spontaneous. It did wonders for my sense of fun and love of travel and just for giving in to a whim. Yes, why not be a traveler. My husband could take care of  business here and actually probably more efficiently. It would be a lesson for me in 'How grown up and brave can I be'? I am speaking of a 13 week contract in the state I want to retire in, to get in touch with me and subtract the stressors/suppressors around me here. It would be a vacation of the soul. I do love quiet and solitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment