Monday, February 21, 2011

The Envy Of Close Families

I have always been envious of families who are close and loving with one another. Most Jewish families seem to be like that. Family is first. Still, there are many others who enjoy this closeness, people who talk to a sister or brother or mom every day. My own family seems to always be impatient with each other, a trait gotten/learned from my Dad. My mom taught us anger and how to hold on to it. It is a shame when your family endured difficult times coming up and that now as we are older, the competitions seem to continue in one way or another, like sibling rivalry. I am different from my other family members. I can avoid panic and generally am not impatient. I give cards and gifts for birthdays because I think it is important. But that is my choice. I just had a stressful week dealing with a family member with regards to my Dad. The positive: I had quality time with my 88 year old Dad and that is never measured in money, nor can irritants erase my love for him and my sadness when I realize my days are numbered with him, and he will go to be with my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment